|home - tickets - schedule - hotels - taxi - bus - affiliates - about us - inquiry - links - mobile site|
Below Terms and Conditions apply to TiomanFerryTickets.com of Sunny Seaside Holidays Sdn Bhd, Malaysia.
1. You use this TiomanFerryTickets.com website at your own risk.
2. This site is provided by us on an "as is" basis. TiomanFerryTickets.com does not warrant or represent that the content of this site is always accurate, always up-to-date or always complete, or that it does not infringe upon the rights of any third parties. TiomanFerryTickets.com makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site, its contents or any of the services supplied through the site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, TiomanFerryTickets.com disclaims all implied representations and warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties that the services offered and supplied through the site will be of merchantable quality, fit for any purpose or will comply with any descriptions on the site.
3. When using the TiomanFerryTickets.com website, information will be transmitted over a medium which, in many cases, is beyond the control or jurisdiction of TiomanFerryTickets.com. To the maximum extent permitted by law, TiomanFerryTickets.com (including our officers, employees, shareholders or other representatives) are not liable for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption), however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with your use of or inability to access this site or the purchase and use of any services supplied via this site. This limitation of liability (whether arising under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) applies to all damages of any kind including compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, personal injury, death and claims of third parties.
4. In the event that the TiomanFerryTickets.com website fails to operate or causes any loss or damage, due to non-availability of information, TiomanFerryTickets.com cannot and will not be held accountable
5. TiomanFerryTickets.com operates on the condition that ferry tickets booked by the customer have been collected by the customer. Customers arriving at TiomanFerryTickets.com's ticketing counter after the last ferry has departed, i.e. too late to be on the ferry for the day reserved, forfeit their ferry reservation. Customers who do not come to TiomanFerryTickets.com's' ticketing counter at all, to collect their tickets, forfeit their ferry reservation. Customers who decline the ferry tickets from TiomanFerryTickets.com's ticketing counter staff forfeit their ferry reservation. Exceptions to this condition are reservations containing the explicit request to have the ferry tickets booked sent by post to a specified physical address included in the reservation.
6. Access to and use of the TiomanFerryTickets.com website is subject to factors beyond TiomanFerryTickets.com's control. TiomanFerryTickets.com does not represent or warrant that the TiomanFerryTickets.com website, the server that makes it available, or any of the products or services supplied through the TiomanFerryTickets.com website, will be free of errors, viruses or defects or that the service will always be uninterrupted or timely. Because of the nature of the Internet, TiomanFerryTickets.com does not warrant that the TiomanFerryTickets.com website will be secure and TiomanFerryTickets.com will not be liable for any disruptions to the TiomanFerryTickets.com website.
7. In the event a ferry departure is deemed inconvenient, or is cancelled, on account of weather, tides or sea state, such as during the monsoon months, i.e. November to March, TiomanFerryTickets.com cannot and will not be held accountable. The original reservation(s) will remain valid for up to 6 months after the cancellation of the ferry departure in question. Tickets may also be refunded. An administration fee of US$5 per ticket will be levied. (See below for the refund process details.)
8. TiomanFerryTickets.com cannot and will not be held accountable for personal injury or death resulting from ferry fire, collision, sinking, or any other mishap, either as a result of an accident, or Blue Water Express mismanagement, or otherwise, either while at sea, or otherwise.
9. To the fullest extent permitted by law remedies under these Terms and Conditions are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
10. These specific Terms and Conditions - both above and below - may be amended by TiomanFerryTickets.com as TiomanFerryTickets.com deems appropriate. Customers shall be bound by the Terms and Conditions so amended.
Ferry ticket dates booked
TiomanFerryTickets.com operates on the basis that ferry dates/times booked may be changed to a later or an earlier date/time if and when requested by the customer, subject to approval by TiomanFerryTickets.com. Prior notice of one week should be given. In cases where the passenger misses his/her intended ferry, for example, due to heavy traffic or vehicular break-down, the passenger's ferry ticket remains valid for any next available ferry - provided the next ferry is not yet fully booked. Note: This does not apply to public holidays, such as but not limited to, Chinese New Year, Hari Raya and Easter. During these busy holiday seasons (and others), all missed ferry connections result in that particular booking being forfeited.
Ferry times selected
Due to the influences of tide, weather and sea state on ferry departure, ferry times that have been selected by passengers may occasionally no longer be available at the moment of ferry departure. As such, ferry times selected are thusly provided on the basis of availability. Specifically, once a particular ferry time selected is no longer available, the next closest available ferry time, either on the same day, or else the next day, will be provided. Given the influences of tide, weather and sea state on ferry departure, no guarantees are made or given that all passengers are provided the exact ferry time selected.
A round-trip ferry ticket represents one uninterrupted leg from either Mersing or Tanjung Gemuk to any one final destination in Tioman, and one uninterrupted leg from any one departure point in Tioman to either Mersing or Tanjung Gemuk. That is, there will be a maximum of one single disembarkation per ferry leg. Once the passenger has disembarked, even if prematurely, i.e. at a ferry stop before the actual ferry stop intended, that particular ferry leg shall be considered redeemed.
Price difference between tickets secured in advance online and those bought at the ferry counter
Online ticket sales are subject to various costs that terminal counter sales are exempt from. Examples of additional costs are: bank transfer fees, currency-holding charges, currency conversion charges, PayPal fees, as well as web portal infrastructure and database maintenance costs. In addition, ferry tickets secured online include a number of added-value services that are not included when tickets are bought at the ferry counter. These added-value services assist our passengers at all stages of the journey to Tioman and are useful for those who prefer to travel with as few inconveniences as possible.
Cancellation Policy Ferry Tickets
A ferry ticket booking for a date that has been declared fully booked by means of the deactivation of the reservation form's date auto-fill, or by means of a notification on the News page (news.html), or by means of a notification the TiomanFerryTickets.com Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/tiomanferry/), or by all three of these methods, is invalid and will be reversed as soon as this invalid booking has been established. The tickets for this invalid booking will subsequently be refunded to the buyer in full. TiomanFerryTickets.com is not accountable for any costs incurred from this invalid booking.
Email delivery failure
Ferry reservation confirmation emails, or any other messages sent by TiomanFerryTickets.com, that are consistently not received by the intended recipient due to an incorrectly typed email address, incorrectly set spam filter, full mail box, or any other problem caused by the receiver, will result in that particular booking being canceled without a refund.
Third Party False Claims
In cases where a TiomanFerryTickets.com customer has been misled by a third party in Mersing into buying new ferry tickets on the basis of the third party's misrepresentation that TiomanFerryTickets.com's tickets are not valid, leading to the customer initiating a PayPal "Non-receipt dispute", TiomanFerryTickets.com will urge the customer, by means of a reply to the dispute in the PayPal Resolution Center, as well as by sending a separate email to the customer, to demand a refund from the third party in question once the customer has returned to Mersing from Tioman. If, however, the customer opts to ignore our email and PayPal Resolution Center reply and thence disregards our instructions, instead following through on the Non-receipt dispute, the customer will be deemed to be committing PayPal/credit card fraud willingly and knowingly. TiomanFerryTickets.com will subsequently provide PayPal with all related documents pertaining to the fraud case in question and will request PayPal inform the credit card company concerned, such that the fraud case can be investigated to the fullest possible extent. Additionally, TiomanFerryTickets.com will pursue all legal means available in order to ensure the fraud case is brought to the appropriate authorities in the relevant country or countries.
Occasionally, there is only a single crossing from Tanjung Gemok to Tioman and from Tioman to Tanjung Gemok. On these days, the result is that the Tanjung Gemok ferry tends to be fully booked quite quickly. In the event the Tanjung Gemok ferry is declared fully booked immediately after your booking has been completed, your ferry departure will be diverted from Tanjung Gemok to Mersing. In these cases, naturally, you will receive notification of this amendment. (FYI, during the monsoon months, December - February, the Tanjung Gemuk ferry is usually suspended).
Please note that having selected a "preferred" ferry time does not by definition mean the ferry will depart by that particular time. Since sailing conditions tend to be variable, the actual ferry time may need to be amended, which at times can be a last-minute amendment.
Bus Online Tickets
TiomanFerryTickets.com is third party agent of (Bus Online Ticket) bus tickets. As such, by reserving your bus transport with the various bus and/or coach and/or ferry companies available on the booking forms within any of the domains owned by TiomanFerryTickets.com, you understand and agree that TiomanFerryTickets.com cannot and will not be held accountable for any negative repercussions, financial or otherwise, resulting from said reservation(s) or cancellation(s) of said reservation(s) by any of the bus or coach or ferry companies, or any other causes. TiomanFerryTickets.com cannot and will not be held accountable for any accidents, for example but not excluded to bus accidents, or ferry accident, or personal injury or death, either as a result of a bus accident, or a ferry accident, or from any other causes.